5 Popular CMS Platforms For An Ecommerce Store
A content management system, in short CMS, is an application that helps you to create and manage a website using a human-friendly interface instead of having to work directly with a code. In addition, it helps to manage the generation and adjustment of the digital content.
The CMS system makes it possible to delete pages on your site using half the time and energy you usually spend. With this system, it is also possible to set up a new website and improve it. Jason Boyd from Evolve Digital has listed the 5 most popular CMS platforms for an ecommerce store, as well as their pros & cons:
WordPress is one of the most popular CMS platforms an ecommerce store can use. Over 90% of websites use this platform. It is easy to use and responds to today’s needs with its development. It also offers a variety of themes and add-ons, making it easy for any business to create its dream website.
• Its structure is dynamic
• It is free to use
• Get add-ons and themes that suit your needs
• The panel is easy to understand
• It is user-friendly
• Getting premium themes and add-ons can be costly
• Getting add-ons and extra coding might slow down your website
Shopify is a SaaS e-commerce platform where online stores can manage orders using a single dashboard. It is one of the popular platforms for businesses. Five Shopify plans are available, each with different monthly rates; before choosing, ensure you find a package that suits you.
• Easy to use interface
• Have various professional and beautiful themes
• It has various features like marketing, accounting, inventory management, shipping, and more
• Has 24/7 support
• Getting more themes can be expensive
• Need a professional to help with theme customization
Another CMS platform for e-commerce solutions is Magento. This is a fast-growing ecommerce software solution that Adobe owns. Large or fast-growing companies prefer the platform for all businesses due to its development requirements, extensive setup, and pricing.
• It is a powerful and feature-rich platform
• The website is SEO friendly and fast loading
• It is possible to have every function customized
• Host over 300,000 forum members
• Easy to get information like orders, customers, products, and reporting features
• It can be complex for the non-technical people
• The plans are a little pricey
• The Magento website needs hosting
For those starting an online business and are searching for a CMS platform to use, then BigCommerce is the best option. The platform comes with multiple built-in features and customization options. It also offers SEO and multichannel integration.
• It offers a fast loading site
• It works well for organic search results and Search Engine Optimization
• The customer service is helpful
• Easy to customize the fields
• Has unlimited staff accounts
• It offers a wide range of themes
• It is easy to use
• Get annual limited sales, and to get more sales, you will need to upgrade to a more expensive plan
• The blog does not facilitate RSS feeds
An open cart is popular for businesses with a small budget since it has an easy-to-use ecommerce platform. With this platform, you will not have to use a lot of money to create your online store. It also offers a customizable plug-in without monthly charges. It comes with over 14,000 extensions and themes for e-business of any kind. It has over 20 payment gateways and more than five shipping options.
• Suitable for those in need of specific shopping cart functionality
• Flexible to work with since it offers over 20 payment gateways
• Easy and fast setup
• Simple to use even for the non-tech users
• Might risk security breach when using this platform
• Might need to have some developer skills
Get a Popular CMS Platform Today
Discussed are a few CMS platforms you can use for your ecommerce store. Using CMS is crucial as it enables you to build websites that look great and drive traffic to your website. You need it to streamline almost all your daily demands. Get any of the CMS above and save the time you spend on your computer and do more business.